We manufacture high-quality plants in our olive, almond and pistachio tree plant nursery
One of our specialities is the production of pistachio tree. For the purpose, we use several varieties of grafted plants on different rootstocks.
With four production centres, we are able to provide our clients with plants almost all year-round. We have two different formats for their commercialization:
- – Bare root.
- – 5 L flower-pot.
We work on the following rootstocks:
- – Pistacia Atlantica: native plant of North Africa suitable for dryland crops and for some irrigation crops. It shows high productivity, resistance at salinity and great capacity to adapt to chalky soils. Besides, it shows low tolerance to fungal infections.
- – UCB: hybrid rootstock (cross-pollination between Pistacia Atlantica and Pistacia Integerrima) recommended for deep and clay soils. Its main characteristics are: great vigour, medium resistance at salinity, high resistance at armillaria, great capacity to adapt to chalky soils and high tolerance to verticillium wilt and phytophthora.
- – Pistacia Terebinthus: suitable for chalky soils, great hardiness and great capacity to adapt to poor soils, high resistance at cold temperatures, low vigour, very susceptible to verticillium wilt, low start of production process. We also have a team specialised in rootstocks for those clients who would rather to purchase rootstocks and then graft the plants in their crops. Our team is available for crops in Spain and Portugal.
Our team is also specialised in rootstocks for those clients who would rather to purchase rootstocks and then graft the plants in their crops. Our team is available for crops in Spain and Portugal.
A. Female pistachios:
- – Kerman: vigorous and productive variety. It shows a great need for chill hours and the harvest process begins by mid-September. It shows a late flowering process and an even ripening process. Depending on the characteristics of crops, this variety produces a high percentage of empty and closed fruits.
- – Larnaka: elongated fruit highly valued due to its flavour and its low percentage of empty and closed fruits. It shows a rapid start of the production process and medium vigour.
- – Sirora: great flavour native variety of Australia. It produces a high percentage of open fruits and a low percentage of empty fruits. In comparison with Kerman, it shows higher vigour and earlier harvest and flowering processes.
B. Male pistachios:
- – Peter: great vigour, high and rapid start of pollen production.
- – Randy: this variety is used for female varieties of medium flowering time. It shows a rapid start of the production process and it produces long-lasting pollen.
- – C-especial: native variety of Greece suitable for those varieties without a great need for chill hours. It shows a rapid start and great capacity of production process.